Re: [rootsradicals] Re: good headlights w/out breaking the budget?

  • Dave Lloyd
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 20, 2011
      The link to Amazon is for the whole wheel. Take old wheel off, move tire, insert new wheel, run wire from light to dyno hub, done. Easy, easy.

      --dlloyd

      On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 15:39, epersonae2 <epersonae@...> wrote:

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Dave Lloyd <dave@...> wrote:
      > Speaking of which, just curious, what are your reasons for not wanting to go
      > with a dyno hub?

      Budget is a limiting factor for sure, but I also don't have a ton of expertise with bike repair, and I don't have a lot of time to play around with my commuting machine. (Volunteering, remodeling, writing, full time job, etc.) I can replace my brake pads and patch a tire, and I replaced my stem last week, but something as complex as a hub replacement is rather daunting. I don't have a very good space to work, either, just a carport packed with other stuff.

      If I had a windfall - or if I had other work that needed doing - I might take it in to one of the local bike shops, but as it is that's pretty unlikely right now.

      (The time/expertise/space issues are why I'm not likely to build my own light, either. Someday I'd like to learn soldering etc, but today is not that day.)