Re: hitch pins? / dog carriers

  • rippledub
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2011
      Hey Tim,
      I don't know if the v-rack is the same as a wide loader, but I replaced my v-racks with p-racks, and so i was in the same position as you, i had extra v-racks, and wanted wide loaders. I took a hacksaw, and cut 2 5/8" off of the "rear" end of the tube, which meant that i could slide that end into the frame all the way to the bend which is in the v-rack on the backside of it. I used the clips from the x-tra cycle website, which work really well, but were very expensive for what they are.(hitchpins sound like a good replacement).
      The angles seem a bit off when you slide the racks in, but it works well. THey may be a bit wider than the wide loaders . . . I don't know since i have never had a pair of wide loaders in front of me. I have used them a few times already, and it seems to be just fine.
      (i did buy a long loader attachment which works well with the modified v-rack . . . however, it wouldn't be too hard to rig a DIY long loader setup.)

      rippledub