Re: Big Dummy review

  • Galen Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 31, 2011
      I used to have an '88 Toyota Pickup truck. I got blown away at traffic lights by everything from Honda Civics to fine imported sports cars. This was not a shortcoming of the truck, it was just a trade-off. In return for my willingness to be "out-performed" by faster vehicles, I was able to carry amazing amounts of stuff when I wanted to, was always able to help out a friend in need and had some truly amazing adventures in my teenage years. My Big Dummy is my new truck. My Gary Fisher is my 4x4 and were I to have an awesome road bike, then I'd assume I'd think of it as my sports car and want it to go fast. I've never viewed the Dummy's weight penalty as a problem, I love the way it handles, and as so many other people in the digital realm have commented, I can still stand to lose about 15-20 pounds. So the easiest weight penalty to get rid of right now, is cookies.
    • Steve Lange
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2011
        Those damn cookies sure weigh a lot, don't they?

        My Xtracycle has completely taken over my cycling existence. It's more than fast enough for its intended purpose, which is eliminating my need to waste time and money driving my car on short trips. Said short trips encompass everything from taking the kids to school, going to work, spending a family day at the beach, to picking up a pizza... all things that my other bikes either can't do well, or can't do at all (and usually the latter).

        At the end I'm a busy guy and have a lot of stuff on my plate. The X is the primary ride because I don't have to think about whether or not I can accomplish a given task... I simply do it. In that regards, it is exactly like a car.

        Steve

        On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 6:40 AM, Galen Fitzpatrick <galen.fitzpatrick@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Rich W
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2011
          Steve;

          Exactly like a car except for the cardio workout, health benefits and carbon footprint!

          Rich Wood