generator tail light on X

  • Jeff Youngstrom
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 28, 2011
      Anybody have a generator tail light on their rig? Which one? Where and how did you mount it?

      They're all so geared towards traditional rear racks I'm having a hard time picturing how to make it work with the snapdeck and Vracks and no step.

      Thanks!
      Jeff
    • Steve Lange

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
          Yes. I run a wire to it, connected with a mono stereo plug to its the power supply. With the hub generator, I also run a hard-wired light in parallel so that the circuit stays complete if something happens to the snap deck.

          Here's pictures:

          (first light)
          http://gallery.mac.com/dr2chase#100060/IMG_2927&bgcolor=black
          (and the next three)

          (second light)
          http://gallery.mac.com/dr2chase#100060/IMG_3998&bgcolor=black
          (and next, plus this one)
          http://gallery.mac.com/dr2chase#100060/IMG_1031&bgcolor=black

          On 2011-07-28, at 10:52 PM, Jeff Youngstrom wrote:

          > Anybody have a generator tail light on their rig? Which one? Where and how did you mount it?
          >
          > They're all so geared towards traditional rear racks I'm having a hard time picturing how to make it work with the snapdeck and Vracks and no step.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Jeff

        • phaedrus at yahoo
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
            Yep,

            I've got a Busch & Müller 4D Lite Plus mounted to the rear fender.
            The wiring goes down the bottom tube, over the bottom bracket, and up
            and around near the edge of the fender.

            - phaedrus

            On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Jeff Youngstrom <jeffy@...> wrote:

            > Anybody have a generator tail light on their rig? Which one? Where and how did you mount it?
            >
            > They're all so geared towards traditional rear racks I'm having a hard time picturing how to make it work with the snapdeck and Vracks and no step.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Jeff

          • Rich W
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
              I have the Supernova dynamo taillight and a Dinotte battery pack taillight, both mounted to an aluminum sheet metal bracket. The bracket bolts to my plastic Flightdeck on the Big Dummy. I have a connector in the power line from the dynamo front hub under the Flightdeck in case I want to remove the flightdeck and taillight bracket from the bike.

              I made the mounting bracket from scrap sheet aluminum I had on hand so it is custom.

              Rich Wood

              --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Youngstrom <jeffy@...> wrote:

              > Anybody have a generator tail light on their rig? Which one? Where and how
              > did you mount it?
              >
              > They're all so geared towards traditional rear racks I'm having a hard time
              > picturing how to make it work with the snapdeck and Vracks and no step.
              >
              > Thanks!
              > Jeff

            • Jeff Youngstrom
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 29, 2011
                You guys rock as usual. Thanks for the tips!