Re: [rootsradicals] H-bar set up with mixed grips

  • Robert Tilley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2011
      I played around a bit & put the Rapidfire levers on one side & Thumbies on the other.  I preferred the Rapidfire so I'll be setting the bike up that way.  I had to put the Thumbies on the "bar-end" section of the bar in order to get it where it would be comfortable to reach.  This ended up making that portion of the bar unusable.  I wasn't able to actually ride them & was only able to hold them in my hands in order to test them out.

      I posted some pics here:

      http://roberttilley.smugmug.com/Bicycles/Surly-Karate-Monkey-2011/17978108_qVwNrx#1386874519_5GGsLb9

      Robert Tilley
      San Diego, CA

      On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Sean Mackin <gear.head@...> wrote:

      That's funny, I am thinking about buying some thumbies. I think they would work just fine. Anyway you set it up there is some amount of compromise involved. If you run them on the front part, it leaves the grip area pretty small, for my hands at least. Let is know how it works either way you set it up and post some pictures.

      Sean