Re: [rootsradicals] Re: New Owner

  • Sean Mackin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2011
      Matt,

        The H-bars took a few rides to get used to and to get dialed in. I used a 90mm mountain bike stem. It brings the ends back a bit further and quickens up the steering. I also used a mix of grips; I put old school foam on the front for comfort resting of hands, wrapped the center with bar tape for fast long straights and put lock on Yeti's for everything else. I will put pictures up in a minute or two. I figured out that if you put the rapid fire type shifters up front it is too cramped and out back there is not enough room for a full grip. The lock on grips fix that. Since they have their own tube inside they extend past the end of the bar (which may help your sweep issue too, it ads a couple mm), just front clamp seems to hold fine.

      Sean