Mount / dismount

  • Ed Wong
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
      Note: if there are two pre schoolers on the rear deck, you can't tip the bike to mount a bike that has a high top tube; but yes, sweptback bars to make it easier to control a loaded long tail

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Rich W
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
        In my experience bar width is more important than the amount of sweepback for cargo or heavily loaded bike control. I like the wide flat bars that are on the factory Big Dummys.

        A good wide and stable center stand such as the Rolling Jackass can be an aid to mounting a loaded cargo bike as it allows standing on one pedal while swinging the other leg over.

        Rich Wood

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
          I'm not sure that width matters so much. I've played with various bars, and I ended up using a pair that is really narrow (42cm) and they work fine for me. As in, I like them so much, I put a pair on my "fun bike", to replace some 45cm drop bars (Nitto Rando). But I'm not small, and I spent the afternoon splitting wood with an axe.

          David