Tour de France

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 8:16 PM
      I KNOW this is off subject for the group but I enjoy watching!

      For those who enjoy watching bicycle racing, a reminder that the Tour de France starts tomorrow morning. It is being broadcast on Versus channel. Also my birthday, #67!

      I note that the first stage is NOT a prologue time trial this year but a 190+ Km regular stage per the listing on my cable provider. This is very unusual. Predictions are that this may be the toughest TDF in many years.

      If you do not receive Versus channel then Versus also has a web site that carries the program. Not sure if it is free or not!

      Rich Wood
    • michael kestner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 7:10 AM
        Thanks for the reminder and happy birthday, Rich. I watched the Tour religiously for some yrs until Floyd's fall from grace. I became so disappointed in all the doping. I am glad to see that the first stage is not a time trial though, I always thought that was a boring way to begin the race. Anyhow, my family and i are camping this weekend and we didnt bring the bikes because my wife's rear wheel needs some servicing and I didnt want to leave her behind on rides. I sure do miss my x though! I hope everyone enjoys their 4th and stays safe.

        Mike