Step Through - Yuba

  • Ed Wong
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
      Im riding a Yuba these days.
      Im 5'6" and 30.5" inseam.
      The Yuba is NOT very step through friendly.
      I can do it but its not that conducive to it.

      That being said - I do get on it with and with out kids by steping over the sloping "top tube".
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
        Had another idea, suitable to a bike with disk brakes -- smaller wheels?
        Say, a 24", with a big apple or a little more, it might net you another inch.

        It ups your risk of pedal strikes a little, but you can also use shorter cranks; I'm 6' with shortish legs, and use 165mm, with no ill effects.

        Also, that REI bike, I checked a little more, and it DOES have a lockout on its front shocks.

        I need to look at my dismount trick, to see if it can be reverse engineered into a mounting trick, too.
        I rode bikes for 35 years before I realized I could do that.

        hope this helps,