Re: [rootsradicals] when to convert xtracycle from chick magnet to baby hauler?

  • Travers, Neil
    Message 1 of 10 , May 7, 2011
      That would seem logical to me too. At that age I can't see that a helmet makes sense and the better option is crash protection from the seat. (But getting that argument past my wife might be harder. So I do understand the emotional pressure).

      Most seats seen to be 9 months. But if you are going to insist on a helmet then waiting until they can support the additional weight is going to be necessary.

      Neil.

      On 6 May 2011, at 13:36, "Matthew Brealey" <thelawnet@...> wrote:

      It sounds to me like you might be better off with no helmet than one that is going to cause stress on a young neck. It might be more worthwhile to check out seats that provide good side protection. I fell off once with my daughter in this seat http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/108761.html and there was no contact between her and the ground, no cuts, no bruises (and no helmet either).