Re: [rootsradicals] Re: when to convert xtracycle from chick magnet to baby hauler?

  • Julio Alvarez
    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2011
      I started putting my 3 month old baby  with xtra blankets/ small baby pillows on th sides to keep her from falling sideways and such on a trailer with her 2 year old brother  next to her. Has worked fine for me thus far.....and my 4 year old sits on the  snap-board holding onto  the handlebars which is hooked up to my seta post. Just gotta ride cautiously and be alert as you ride along with your little precious cargo.

      Message 2 of 10 , May 7, 2011
        That would seem logical to me too. At that age I can't see that a helmet makes sense and the better option is crash protection from the seat. (But getting that argument past my wife might be harder. So I do understand the emotional pressure).

        Most seats seen to be 9 months. But if you are going to insist on a helmet then waiting until they can support the additional weight is going to be necessary.

        Neil.

        On 6 May 2011, at 13:36, "Matthew Brealey" <thelawnet@...> wrote:

        It sounds to me like you might be better off with no helmet than one that is going to cause stress on a young neck. It might be more worthwhile to check out seats that provide good side protection. I fell off once with my daughter in this seat http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/108761.html and there was no contact between her and the ground, no cuts, no bruises (and no helmet either).