Re: South America Tour

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 34 , May 1, 2011
      Rick,

      I have a Schimdt dyno hub on my BD that gets ridden in all kinds of rain and ice and silt and dust and it has never failed. I just run with the Supernova lit all the time. Great light. For serious off road night riding I would want to supplement with a battery light on the handle bars, but for every day night and day riding it works great and I never have to think about it.

      Have a great expedition.

      David
    • Cara Lin Bridgman
      Message 34 of 34 , May 10, 2011
        Yep, that's been my latest and hopefully last solution: a 'mag'
        flashlight with the new LED 'bulb' and a rechargable battery. It has
        all metal housing, rubber gaskets, and three light settings: BRIGHT!!,
        not so bright, and blink. It's supposed to last about 4 hours. The
        problem is the housing that attaches it to the bike is still on the
        privative side--needs a quick release. This thing really turns night
        into day! It has to be as annoying for oncoming traffic as those
        stinking halogen car headlights.

        CL