Re: Getting the low down on the NuVinci N360

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2011
      David;

      What make of chainring? Chainrings vary considerably in the alloy used and the hardness. In the 1980s TA chainrings were notoriously soft and fast wearing. Stamped chainrings are frequently made of softer aluminum than machined ones. There is a reason why MTB innermost chainrings are typically steel and Surly does offer stainless steel front rings that are supposed to wear well per my understanding.

      Also chainrings sized for 1/8" chain have wider teeth so reduce the PSI tooth loading compared to rings for 3/32" chain. Aluminum SS chainrings are available in either width.

      Rich Wood