Peapod LT-Anybody got one for me.

  • I_am_Bo
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23 10:08 PM
      Now that my son is a year old and summer in Alaska is around the corner I want to get him out of the trailer and on to the back of the Dummy. Apparently I put off buying a Peapod too long. No more Peopod LT, now its a high riding Dutch designed seat. Looks nice, I've checked 'em out at REI blah blah blah, but I still want a Peapod LT. Trouble is I can't find them anywhere on the interweb.

      Anybody have a one they no longer need, or have a lead on where I might find one. Let me know.

      Thanks,

      -nthn

      www.bikewrider.blogspot.com
    • David Backeberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25 11:57 AM
        On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:08 AM, I_am_Bo <nathanjbosch@...> wrote:
        > Now that my son is a year old and summer in Alaska is around the corner I want to get him out of >the trailer and on to the back of the Dummy. Apparently I put off buying a Peapod too long. No >more Peopod LT, now its a high riding Dutch designed seat. Looks nice, I've checked 'em out at >REI blah blah blah, but I still want a Peapod LT. Trouble is I can't find them anywhere on the >interweb.

        Yuba claims to still have them available. But this won't have the
        nifty xtracycle logo embossed into the pad. And it looks more gray
        than black. The xtracycle one was definitely black.

        http://yubaride.com/yubashop/product.php?id_product=24

        I have no idea why xtracycle changed to the alternate seat. Okay, a
        slight idea. The Peapod does get in the way of the bags, and I cannot
        use my full capacity of my bags because the foot mounts come down in
        the way. It does look like the new Peapod rides higher and will be
        less in the way of reducing your cargo space. Although I think there
        will be a trade-off where your kid is riding higher, and that will
        change the center of gravity somewhat.