Re: Selling low cost Xtracycles in Kisumu, Kenya

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2006
      I've sent a few folks to the site... the U of I triathletes had an
      indoor bike-a-thon (on spinners and bikes on trainers and anybody
      could come) Sunday to benefit some local orgs and I did it on my
      Xtracycle.
      At one point I shifted noisily (my Gee-aunt doesn't always like
      going to that big ring) and the fellow next to me turned and looked...
      and kept on looking. When I looked back he said, "I love that
      bicycle." Of course, when we were finished, I let the trainer cool
      and then loaded it into the back of the bike. Got an email this
      morning from a bike club member asking about it, since he'd seen me
      riding with what looked like a resistance trainer on the back of my
      bike :-) I could tell him that I loved it and that yes, it handled
      loads extremely well, and that it's been known to hurl itself between
      me and my car door and whimper, "Please?? Please?? Take me instead???"
      (successfully, I might add...)