Re: [rootsradicals] New member

  • Philip Chase
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2011
      You did the right thing.  My Big Dummy is the only bike I ride.  My road bike is for sale on Craigslist after years of no use.

      The big dummy is mighty close to a perfect bike.  If it had a chain case or even a chain guard I'd be a little happier with it.  Maybe some day I'll strip it down, and have a bike builder a chain case, powder coat it fire engine red, and add some pin striping.  Put it back together with an IGH and it'd be perfect. :-)

      Philip

      On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM, rltilley <rltilley@...> wrote:

      Just thought I'd introduce myself as I just joined the list. I've been cycling for years & have a number of bikes but it seems that reality has struck hard lately & I have become virtually a 100% utility cyclist.

      I have various panniers, saddlebags, racks, trailers, etc. but I never seem to have the right combination of bike + bag to get what I need home without overstuffing a bag or ending up having to carry grocery bags on the handlebars.

      I finally had enough & purchased a Big Dummy. I should have the fork installed this weekend & I will take my maiden trip on it then as well (likely to the liquor store for a nice assortment of bombers). Hoping to learn from the cargo bike veterans & hope to have my own advice to give soon as well.

      Robert Tilley
      San Diego, CA

    • Mark Brenner
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 10, 2011
        Hi free rads, longtailers, x ers,

        I'm new two and have been perusing your photos for great ideas! I'm a painter living in Bklyn, work at a gallery in soho, and you know those artist types, always pickin junk up...
        My kit is on it's way!!!! I'll be ridding over the willy B, I'll share my ride & adventures with you soon!

        ~ marko

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10, 2011
          PS

          I pre- ordered early January, saw my first x in just before Christmas, and this was a present to myself... It's been torture waiting to unwrap it, watching you having so much fun....
          Ride on, live long(tail), god save the Xtra!

          ~marko