Peapod Mounting Question

  • davidmoskovitz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi folks,

      What's the word on where to mount the bracket for the Peapod seat? I'm
      talking about the main one, that is made to clamp one large tube. I
      see pics of it on the seat tube, but I'm short. I tried it on the top
      tube, but that doesn't leave a lot of room for my little one, and it
      kinda wide betwixt me knees(!). Seat post? Makes me nervous, just
      because there is one more connection in the chain.

      Also, I see pics of the central mounting point clamping across the seat
      stays, near the seat tube. I got this seat used, without
      documentation, and I just figured I better use all the parts, but maybe
      I don't have to use the seat-tube clamp bracket-thing at all. Do I
      need another type of bracket to clamp the stays? Where would I find
      such an item?

      Thanks--d
    • Kipchoge Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hi David,
        There are two PeaPod mounting brackets (that I know of). The original is a clamp for the upper portion of the seat stays. It works(ed) for larger-frame bikes (like in Europe where it's made) more often than for compact-frame bikes. The manufacturer came out with an MTB mount for littler frames, and this in now included standard in the PeaPods that we sell. It mounts to the seat tube (not the seat post).

        Hope this helps.

        --
        Kipchoge Spencer

        29085 Highway 49