Re: [rootsradicals] Sun Atlas Cargo bike, now on their website

  • Steve Lange
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2011
      On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Andrew Kreps <andrew.kreps@...> wrote:
      On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 10:19 AM, David Chase <dr2chase@...> wrote:

      > Was reading about oil prices spiking, wondering what advice to give people, thought I would see if their bike from Interbike had emerged yet.
      >
      > http://www.sunbicycles.com/product_detail.php?short_code=Atlas+Cargo&cl1=INDUSTRIAL

      With a claimed weight of 42lbs, it could be lighter than the Big
      Dummy.  That's probably the weight sans Freeloaders, though.  I'll be
      interested to know how it handles, and whether that weird cross/down
      tube gets in the way of leg-over-the-front dismounts.

      I think it looks great! And that tube arrangement looks ideal for swinging the foot through, even better than the "swoop" on the Big Dummy. I am 100% happy with my Xtracycle conversion but am super stoked another X-compatible frame has come on the market. I really hope it does retail for around $550, that'd be great, although one would almost certainly have to budget an additional $200-400 for Xtracycle accessories.... putting its "real" price closer to the Radish I suppose.

      Steve Lange
      Santa Barbara, CA