Re: [rootsradicals] superhooks

  • Liam Casey
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
      That is correct. In order to install the Flightdeck, you first have to place it atop the v-racks with the superhooks loose, then fit the hooks in place and tighten them down. While it's a bit more of a pain to mount, it's far more secure than the Snapdeck.

      Liam

      On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:02 PM, jessejessejesssejesse <jesseleifert@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      Just got a 2010 Flightdeck to put on my first generation xtracycle. I installed the superhooks into the flightdeck and tried to pop on the deck just like I was used to with the Snapdeck. I noticed that doesn't work.

      Can someone confirm that you have to tighten the screws on the superhooks while the deck is installed (and then it tightens up against the h racks)? I didn't see anything on xtracycle.com and I'm sure I can't be the only one who didn't get this right on their first try.

      Thanks,

      Jesse
      Washington, DC

    • Rick
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
        Liam is correct. You should've received an instruction sheet for mounting your FlightDeck, let me know if you didn't.

        For any future product documentation needs, please visit http://www.xtracycle.com/support

        Cheers,
        Rick

[...]

      • Travers, Neil
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18, 2011
          I've not got one, but isn't that the whole point of the new hooks, that
          they can't pop on/off so the deck is fixed in place?

          Neil