Nuvinci on my Dummy!
- I got around to taking some pix of my setup. Of course the chain tension, and the shifter on the drop bar were the expected problems. There were some unexpected bonuses though. For one, the Cadillac cruiser bike that donated the Nuvinci hub had longish cables, and it turns out that they were just about right for my BD. So, the Rohloff tandem cables will sit in my parts bin until I need to re-cable.
I made a shifter mount from a piece of handlebar that was leftover from cutting a bar down a while back. I sloted the bar with a dremel, and used a drum sander on my drill press to radius the end.
For the chain tensioner I ended up extending the mount below the normal attachment point with a piece of steel. This was the simplest solution I was able to come up with, and luckily it is working very well. It was nice to use a tensioner that was already sitting in my parts bin.
Here are some pix:
- I forgot to mention that the shifter adapter that is loose in the photo was a test that I did with plastic conduit before I made the one from aluminum. It probably would be fine to just use the plastic one, but I had the old piece of handlebar sitting around, so I used it.