Electronic Gear Shift for Rohloff Speedhub (Designed & Manufactured in OZ)

  • Pete B
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
      Interesting kit made by a local company.
      No experience with it but would make a cleaner cable setup on the big Dummy.

      http://www.touchezysolutions.com.au/EdsanProducts.htm

         New Improved Version

    • Rich W
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2011
        It was discussed on the Geared Hub Bikes group some time back, the original version. IIRC it looks like they have lowered the price substantially. At the new price it is more interesting.

        Rich Wood

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Pete B <nackterman@...> wrote:

        > Interesting kit made by a local company.
        > No experience with it but would make a cleaner cable setup on the big Dummy.
        >
        > http://www.touchezysolutions.com.au/EdsanProducts.htm
        >

        > * *New Improved Version

      • speedub_nate
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
          This is indeed a positive step, however I caution anyone interested to perhaps wait for somebody else to go first. The original units were widely criticized for being underpowered -- some speculation that the shifter was developed and tested on a well broken-in hub and couldn't shift a (stiffer shifting) brand new hub; even some broken in hubs wouldn't shift.

          I'm guessing the designer heard these complaints loud and clear and has addressed that shortcoming in this revised version, but I'd still recommend proceeding with caution.

          And wow -- the generator hub charging system will be a nice addition supposing this setup works!!!

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Pete B <nackterman@...> wrote:

          > Interesting kit made by a local company.
          > No experience with it but would make a cleaner cable setup on the big Dummy.
          >
          > http://www.touchezysolutions.com.au/EdsanProducts.htm
          >

          > * *New Improved Version

        • Steve Lange
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2011
            Now this is the only electric shifting setup I've heard of that makes any sense at all. And powering it off a dynamo - whew, someone "gets it" out there, very nice to see.  I am not a Rohloff owner and have no plans to become one, but this is very cool.

            Steve Lange
            Santa Barbara, CA

            On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM, speedub_nate <speedub.nate@...> wrote:
            This is indeed a positive step, however I caution anyone interested to perhaps wait for somebody else to go first. The original units were widely criticized for being underpowered -- some speculation that the shifter was developed and tested on a well broken-in hub and couldn't shift a (stiffer shifting) brand new hub; even some broken in hubs wouldn't shift.

            I'm guessing the designer heard these complaints loud and clear and has addressed that shortcoming in this revised version, but I'd still recommend proceeding with caution.

            And wow -- the generator hub charging system will be a nice addition supposing this setup works!!!

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Pete B <nackterman@...> wrote:

            > Interesting kit made by a local company.
            > No experience with it but would make a cleaner cable setup on the big Dummy.
            >
            > http://www.touchezysolutions.com.au/EdsanProducts.htm
            >

            > *   *New Improved Version

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional