Re: Rohloff Cable good enough?

  • speedub_nate
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 23, 2011
      I've never been a fan of Rohloff's housing, and just use the "generic" QBP stuff made by Jagwire and available in bulk rolls of 25 or 100 feet.

      My problem with the Rohloff housing is the removable inner lining. I've found that it's not forgiving to mishandling, causing it to crimp easily which adds excessive drag to the shifting. I've also found the inner lining to migrate out of the housing as the miles wear on, though in its defense this was in a "broken" housing setup and shouldn't be a problem in a continuous housing run.

      I've had no complaints with the QBP stuff over the years and, given its cost, is relatively painless to trashcan when the time comes. I can't say that with any of the expensive "premium" cable / housing systems.

      - Nate