Re: [rootsradicals] Need help: Bike snow plow - and finding Dave Peterson - Chicago

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2011
      I tried to build one myself this year, but it was a failure. I think mine was under-weighted, and underslanted.

      Basic design was a dowel through the rear tube, attached to a rigid wooden frame, that had a hinge in the middle to allow the plow to pivot independently of the bike. So, a hinge through the rear tube to allow the plow to pop up, and another to let it stay flat to the pavement.

      But the slant (which came from the two wooden arms, one longer than the other) was not enough. I also lacked the cool snow-throwing curve of that towed plow.