Having problems contacting Xtracycle

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
      I hate to bring this up on our RootsRadical mailing list, but I am having
      trouble contacting Xtracycle to place an order, and I know some of the
      Xtracycle folks are on this list. Normally if I can not get someone over
      the phone I would just place an order on-line via the web site, but there
      are some special circumstances involved with my order, so I would like to
      get in touch with someone somehow.

      On Monday I tried calling around 6:30pm Eastern Time (I am in
      Pennsylvania) and I got an automated message saying to either dial an
      extension or hold on the line for the next available customer service
      rep. Only after a short wait another automated voice message told me the
      hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 9am to 5pm, and if I
      am calling after those times to please leave a message or e-mail
      info@... for faster service.

      I work ten hour days Monday through Thursday and do not get home until
      around 5:30 at the earliest, but I thought the stated 9-5 hours would be
      Pacific Time. That should leave me with a three hour time buffer. In any
      case, I did not leave a message, but instead sent a detailed e-mail
      regarding my order and the special circumstances to the info@ address. On
      Tuesday evening when I got home from work I checked my e-mail and noticed
      I did not get a response. I then tried to call Xtracycle again and got
      the same automated messages even though I was able to call a little
      earlier, but this time I did leave a message.

      Now it is Wednesday evening. I still have not gotten an e-mail response
      and I tried calling before 6pm Eastern Time. I am wondering if perhaps
      all of Xtracycle’s employees or perhaps just its customer service reps
      have been given a week of vacation time after the Christmas holidays. If
      that is the case, then I am totally cool with that. I respect and
      appreciate any company that values its employees enough to give them nice
      breaks like that. However, it would be nice and much more professional to
      include the vacation time on the voice mail message, somewhere on the web
      site, or even have an automated e-mail response. It is hard for me to
      believe the fine folks at Xtracycle would not consider such a lack of
      communication with its adoring customers, so what I am really wondering
      is whether there is some kind of hiccup in the streams of communication.
      If the latter is the case, then I would think the Xtracycle crew would
      definitely like to know about it, so it can be fixed right away.

      Anyway, hopefully someone in the Xtracycle family on RootsRadical will
      see this and alleviate the situation. Again, I hate to bother the
      community with this post, but I am not sure what else to do. For the
      record, all my previous contact with Xtracycle and its customer service
      reps has been outstanding, which is why the lack of contact surprises me.
      I just hope all is well… and everyone (both including the Xtracycle crew
      and everyone on RootsRadical) is enjoying happy holidays!

      Ride safe and best wishes to all,
      _TONE_
    • Vik Banerjee
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2010
        It seems pretty clear that this week is not normal for businesses in North America and that the lack of communication is a holiday related thing.  I haven't been able to get a hold of anybody this week, but that doesn't surprise me at all.  Life will go back to normal next week after NYE.

        safe riding,

        On 2010-12-29, at 3:20 PM, Tone wrote: I am wondering if perhaps