Front Loader Cargo Bike From Civia

  • Rich W
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2010
      Per their web site Civia has announced a new steel frame front loader cargo bike, the Halsted. Classic small front wheel configuration like a lot of front loader bikes but with a load platform above the wheel rather than a huge basket.

      From the top photo they may be offering a basket which fits the platform.

      http://civiacycles.com/bikes/halsted/

      It looks to me like this could easily be combined with a Xtracycle kit to give a nice cargo bike with front and rear load capability.

      Rich Wood
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 27, 2010
        Have you seen these? It's a wonderful, interesting world.

        http://www.onyacycles.com/

        http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/view/11890/christophe-machet-camioncyclette-transportation-bike.html

        On 2010-12-27, at 11:48 AM, Rich W wrote:

        > Per their web site Civia has announced a new steel frame front loader cargo bike, the Halsted. Classic small front wheel configuration like a lot of front loader bikes but with a load platform above the wheel rather than a huge basket.
        >
        > From the top photo they may be offering a basket which fits the platform.
        >
        > http://civiacycles.com/bikes/halsted/
        >
        > It looks to me like this could easily be combined with a Xtracycle kit to give a nice cargo bike with front and rear load capability.
        >
        > Rich Wood
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2010
          The Mule looks cool, wonder if they're designing around the LT Standard. Thanks for the info!

          "The bicycle is a curious vehicle.  Its passenger is its engine."  – John Howard
          Fone   |    888.537.1401 x 85

          On 2010-12-27, at 11:48 AM, Rich W wrote:

          > Per their web site Civia has announced a new steel frame front loader cargo bike, the Halsted. Classic small front wheel configuration like a lot of front loader bikes but with a load platform above the wheel rather than a huge basket.
          >
          > From the top photo they may be offering a basket which fits the platform.
          >
          > http://civiacycles.com/bikes/halsted/
          >
          > It looks to me like this could easily be combined with a Xtracycle kit to give a nice cargo bike with front and rear load capability.
          >
          > Rich Wood

        • Andrew Kreps
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 29, 2010
            On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Rich W <astronut1001@...> wrote:
            > It looks to me like this could easily be combined with a Xtracycle kit to give a nice cargo bike with front and rear load capability.

            Has anyone hacked an Xtracycle to take a second Xtracycle attachment yet?
          • Bruce Alan Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 30, 2010
              I don't know about that, but I have seen pictures of a Dutch bakfiest with an Xtracycle attachment.