Nirvana

  • coach4many
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2010
      If you are in the Northern Nevada area I found the best place in the world. The Reno Bike Project. You can work on your bike,take classes, donate you old stuff and they remake it to donate to those in need of transportion. They donated a bike to one of my athletes who needed one desperatly and I was able to pick up a beach cruiser for my daughter to take to college next year at such a resonable price. Plan to go back later and get fenders and new rims and wheels for it. She needs skinny tires not off road tires. And now I am thinking of getting extra rims for my fat studded snows that I can throw on when the snow is deep. The thinner tires are perfect for plowed and pavement condtions.
      Check it out and donate if you can.
    • Gerry Townsend
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2010
        Thanks for the reminder, I have donations for the Sacramento Bicycle Kitchen that need to get there. It's the same kind of place that you found in Reno.

        check out the video at:
        http://wheresthelinetoseejesus.com
         --- On Wed, 12/22/10, coach4many  wrote:

        If you are in the Northern Nevada area I found the best place in the world. The Reno Bike Project. You can work on your bike,take classes, donate you old stuff and they remake it to donate to those in need of transportion. They donated a bike to one of my athletes who needed one desperatly and I was able to pick up a beach cruiser for my daughter to take to college next year at such a resonable price. Plan to go back later and get fenders and new rims and wheels for  it. She needs skinny tires not off road tires. And now I am thinking of getting extra rims for my fat studded snows that I can throw on when the snow is deep. The thinner tires are perfect for plowed and pavement condtions.
        Check it out and donate if you can.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            rootsradicals-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Rich W
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 24, 2010
          I stop by there occasionally. Good folks who are into bike recycling and helping riders learn DIY bike maintenance. They have, I am told, helped several people do Xtracycle conversions.

          Another Reno group doing similar bike stuff is the Kiwanis who also have a bike donation and fixup program locally. I believe theirs may predate the Reno Bike Project.

          Both groups recycle a lot of lower end bikes for sale to Burning Man participants.

          Rich Wood

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "coach4many" <coach4many@...> wrote:

          > If you are in the Northern Nevada area I found the best place in the world. The Reno Bike Project. You can work on your bike,take classes, donate you old stuff and they remake it to donate to those in need of transportion. They donated a bike to one of my athletes who needed one desperatly and I was able to pick up a beach cruiser for my daughter to take to college next year at such a resonable price. Plan to go back later and get fenders and new rims and wheels for it. She needs skinny tires not off road tires. And now I am thinking of getting extra rims for my fat studded snows that I can throw on when the snow is deep. The thinner tires are perfect for plowed and pavement condtions.
          > Check it out and donate if you can.

        • JollyW
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
            We have one of those here in Port Townsend, WA. The Recyclery, getting lots of folks on bikes and learning to work on them.