Sounds of Winter

  • David Dannenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2010
      Last Friday I rode on a dusting of snow over crushed stone and crushed half-decayed leaves--to the continuous sound of the gravel and frozen leaf bits rattling along the insides of my fenders and being shot out beyond the front wheel. The Hookworms just picked stuff and flung it around and through with a sound much like similar material being sucked up and rattled around a vacuum cleaner hose.

      David Dannenberg
    • coach4many
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2010
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, David Dannenberg <ddannenberg@...> wrote:

        > Last Friday I rode on a dusting of snow over crushed stone and crushed half-decayed leaves--to the continuous sound of the gravel and frozen leaf bits rattling along the insides of my fenders and being shot out beyond the front wheel. The Hookworms just picked stuff and flung it around and through with a sound much like similar material being sucked up and rattled around a vacuum cleaner hose.
        >
        > David Dannenberg

        my sounds of winter are slush be thrown at me by cars as they pass and the sound of studs on pavement. But the best is my early morning ride to work on freshly plowed street. There is no sound by my breathing and heart beating. It is the best sound ever. Enjoy this while you can.