Interview with Riding the Spine

  • elise_giddings
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2010
      For those of you interested in bike touring adventure stories...

      Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening, I'll be doing a live call-in interview with Goat from Riding the Spine. He and 2 others rode from Alaska to the tip of S. America on Big Dummies. They did a lot of off-road riding, on and off the continental divide and had some incredible adventures. This would include being chased by a wolf, camp raid by mexican drug police, and every kind of weather from rains and landslides, to endless winds and dry conditions. They also put their bikes on sea kayaks to get around the Darian Gap - a roadless, mountainous section of southern Panama - encountering island people who rarely see outsiders.

      It sounds incredible, and I'm really looking forward to hearing more. They were on the road for over 3 years and 34,000km, making adventure travel a way of life. They've had stories published in WEND magazine, Adventure Cyclist, Adventure Travel Magazine, Adventure World Magazine, National Geographic Traveler Blog and more. You can read about their story on their blog at www.ridingthespine.com

      Or, you can listen in directly to the interview tomorrow by registering at
      www.biketouringbliss.com

      The whole trip was on Big Dummies and they have some great things to say about the bikes and gear they used. They also had great support from Xtracycle and Surly along the way - another testament to these 2 companies.

      It's free to call in and the audio will be available for a couple days after the interview. I hope you'll take a little time out of your busy December to join us - should be an awesome interview!

      Elise
      Register by going to http://www.biketouringbliss.com