Re: Fully Sprung Brooks

  • James
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 2010
      Old thread that I just noticed...

      I have a B135 and a Brooks Professional and agree about the sling effect of the unsuspended, well broken-in Pro.

      What the B135 gives you is the ability to remain seated on some terrible roads, a habit that's frankly hard to get used to having ridden unsuspended saddles all my life. You have to trust it will work, not unweighting it at all, and let it flow. The stiff springs will do their magic. It allows for a completely vertical torso with no weight on the hands at all provided you have the right bars.

      What it doesn't absorb is crashing into hard-edged speed bumps; that feeling of harshness comes from the front through the hands.

      Jim