Installing a B&M Toplight XS on an Xtracycle Snapdeck w/Magic Carpet

  • Steve Lange
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2010
      I *finally* got around to installing my Busch & Müller Toplight XS taillight on my Xtracycle today... I'd been putting it off for far too long (think years not months) but in the end it was a quick and fun project.

      I used a T-Bracket from Peter White Cycles and, since I have a Magic Carpet on my Snapdeck, elected to fabricate a small wooden shim from plywood to clear the Magic Carpet's fabric.  I used a Dean's Micro Plug to connect the wiring underneath the Snapdeck and allow for easy removal.

      Full write-up with photos on my blog, for anyone interested:
      http://www.stevelange.net/2010/11/20/xtracycle-snapdeck-with-busch-muller-toplight-xs-dynamo-driven-taillight/

      So nice not having to think about batteries!! I'm keep the Planet Bike Superflash along as backup / redundant lighting source, but there's just such a convenience to dynamo lighting that I've got to have it on all my bikes!

      Best,

      Steve Lange
      Santa Barbara, CA