Sanyo Eneloop Batteries

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2010
      Per the latest documentation I note that Sanyo is now listing the life expectancy of their low discharge rate Eneloop NIMH batteries as up to 1500 cycles.

      For those not familiar with them these are NIMH rechargeable batteries with a very low self discharge rate. At normal temperatures they claim a retained charge of over 85% after 1 year of storage. A typical NIMH battery loses over half of it's charge in a month or two.

      So far as I know the only disadvantage these have compared to normal NIMH batteries is a listed capacity that is only about 80% of the maximum NIMH battery capacity. That is 2000 mAh for the Eneloops rather than 2500 mAh. If using AA or AAA powered lights on your bike then the Sanyo batteries should be excellent unless you need maximum capacity.

      Rich Wood