Bike Touring via Xtracycle

  • elise_giddings
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2010
      While I usually post on more down-home, family and commuting topics, I thought this would be of interest to all you adventure types out there (actual or armchair)...

      To keep myself occupied over the winter, I started an interview series (via the internet) about bike touring, and I've got a couple of interviews lined up for people who have toured with Xtracycles. The first is next week: Jon Watts who did his latest music tour via Xtracycle Radish (600 miles from Richmond, VA to Boston). You have to hand it to the guy - he had no previous long distance biking or touring experience. Just decided to do it, bought an X so he could carry his guitar, amp, CDs, and everything else, and rode up the East Coast for a month (what a place to start!). Jon's a very down-to-earth person and interesting to talk to, so I'm looking forward to some good stories and entertainment.

      Also up, but date not yet set, I'm working on getting one of the Riding the Spine guys to do an interview - they rode from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego on Big Dummies over the space of a couple years. Thanks to Vic for giving me the tip to talk to them - can't wait to hear THEIR story!

      If you want to participate, the interviews are call-in / webcast affairs where you can listen in and ask questions via phone or IM. If you can't make the call-in time, the audios are available. The calls are FREE (but I hope you guys ask lots of questions!). Register at the Bike Touring Bliss website to get the skinny.
      http://www.biketouringbliss.com

      You can also check out the intro page on Cycle 9 website at
      http://www.cycle9.com/bike-touring/

      Thanks and happy Xtracycling!

      Elise Giddings
      Cycle 9
      http://www.cycle9.com
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2010
        Nice Elise!

        You may want to also contact Pebble Pedalers

        Looking forward to signing up!

        Rick

        "The bicycle is a curious vehicle.  Its passenger is its engine."  – John Howard
        Fone   |    888.537.1401 x 85

[...]

      • Devian Gilbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2010
          here is something of the world of Big Dummy and Touring.

          devian gilbert

          On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:51 AM, Rick wrote:

          Nice Elise!

          You may want to also contact Pebble Pedalers

          Looking forward to signing up!

          Rick

          <xc-rick-friendsdont.jpg>