Surly Big Dummy Frame For Sale - Lightly Used

  • stitzljq
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
      I don't want to clog up this list with commercial BS, but in case anyone is interested, I thought I'd give you folks a heads-up about this. Feel free to check out my Craigslist ad if you're interested:

      http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/2039670597.html

      I live in Portland, OR, and it certainly would be a lot easier to sell it locally... but I'm willing to ship it if need be. And I promise not to gouge you on the shipping! I'd like to see it go to a good home.

      PS I'm also selling the rear wheel, a hand-built (by a pro), super-beefy, cargo-quality, NuVinci CVT. It's only one year/about 1,000 miles into it's 6 year warranty. A great piece of gear, but I can't resist trading it in for the cash to buy yet more bike parts :0)
    • fred
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
        I'm 6 feet tall. Do you think I'd be better off with a 20"? Seriously, how much would it cost to send it to Brazil (Sao Paulo, zip code 05596-100) even if by a really slow delivery service (maybe sea ;-)?

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "stitzljq" <stitzljq@...> wrote:

        > I don't want to clog up this list with commercial BS, but in case anyone is interested, I thought I'd give you folks a heads-up about this. Feel free to check out my Craigslist ad if you're interested:
        >
        > http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/bik/2039670597.html
        >
        > I live in Portland, OR, and it certainly would be a lot easier to sell it locally... but I'm willing to ship it if need be. And I promise not to gouge you on the shipping! I'd like to see it go to a good home.
        >
        > PS I'm also selling the rear wheel, a hand-built (by a pro), super-beefy, cargo-quality, NuVinci CVT. It's only one year/about 1,000 miles into it's 6 year warranty. A great piece of gear, but I can't resist trading it in for the cash to buy yet more bike parts :0)

      • Vik Banerjee
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
          I'm 6' and happily ride an 18".  Go to the Surly website and use the listed frame sizes to determine what TT length you need and buy that size frame.  Ignore the seat tube length unless you have crazy short legs as the BD's curved TT provides very low stand over relative to the size of the frame.

          safe riding,

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
            Great, thanks for the info. I have followed the discussions on sizing before in this group. I've also checked the surly site but it's quite difficult to be sure of the best size for anything without actually trying it... Thanks,
            Fred

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
              I definitely think an 18" would probably be fine for a 6' person... I'm a few inches shorter than that, but I have a fairly long stretch to the handlebars. It feels good though :0) It's a very comfortable bike. Compared to anything else I've ridden, it feels like a Cadillac. I don't know if all Xtracycles feel the same way, I'm only familiar with my Dummy... Maybe it's just the fat tires that make it so comfy?

              Anyway, I've gotten several really promising responses to my sale, some of which were here in Portland where I live, so I probably won't be able to mail it to Brazil. I'll definitely keep you in mind though... when it comes to selling things online, you can never be sure until you have cash in hand :0)

              Thanks everybody!

              - Joel