Re: sharing a great costumer service experience

  • fred
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
      Just an update to my happy costumer case: the nice folks at xtracycle shipped my baseframe the next day after it broke down. They had to use FedEx since USPS apparently wouldn't take the package due to size. So far no cost to me (even FedEx being couple hundred dollars to my place in Sao Paulo, Brazil). It's already in the city but since it's a holiday no one works, even at FedEx :-)
      I can't describe how pleased and anxious I am waiting for my frame in order to get on riding again. It's gonna be early Christmas for me!
      Take care,
      Fred

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "fred" <fredcostapinto@...> wrote:

      > After 2.5 years of daily commute and carrying my children on a converted '97 gary fisher with a FR I had the saddest day of my recent biking life. The FR baseframe showed a spontaneous fracture behind the wheel attachment. I just noticed that by a grinding sound of metal-against-metal since the free ends resulting from breaking rubbed each other. When I got home after walking 5 miles and removed the freeloaders I noticed both sides had broken.
      > I then emailed the guys @ xtracycle and told them my sad story. Not 15 min passed by and Nate replied to my email saying they'd send me a replacement as soon as I logged into their online store and pseudo-purchased a baseframe, selecting check or money order (for them to zero out the invoice).
      > I had always heard about their great costumer support. I have always had nice experiences purchasing stuff and calling them on the phone to discuss products. Anyway, I couldn't believe how easy and fast it was to receive feedback and solving my problem.
      > I want to let you guys @xtracycle know I'll continue spreading the word of how happy I am with my life since I installed my FR and how satisfied I am.
      > One final note: I just hope the baseframe gets to me safe and sound in Brazil since the mail service down is not always easy and effective...
      > I'll let you know how it goes in the (hopefully near) future.
      > Fred

    • fred
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2010
        OK, so this is early Christmas for me indeed! I have just put my anxious fingers on a brand new replacement for my baseframe and will be riding again my beloved xtracycle in no time. It arrived less than a week after the original died, in Brazil, at zero cost to me.
        Thanks XtraFolks for the best client support ever in history.
        Fred

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "fred" <fredcostapinto@...> wrote:

        > After 2.5 years of daily commute and carrying my children on a converted '97 gary fisher with a FR I had the saddest day of my recent biking life. The FR baseframe showed a spontaneous fracture behind the wheel attachment. I just noticed that by a grinding sound of metal-against-metal since the free ends resulting from breaking rubbed each other. When I got home after walking 5 miles and removed the freeloaders I noticed both sides had broken.
        > I then emailed the guys @ xtracycle and told them my sad story. Not 15 min passed by and Nate replied to my email saying they'd send me a replacement as soon as I logged into their online store and pseudo-purchased a baseframe, selecting check or money order (for them to zero out the invoice).
        > I had always heard about their great costumer support. I have always had nice experiences purchasing stuff and calling them on the phone to discuss products. Anyway, I couldn't believe how easy and fast it was to receive feedback and solving my problem.
        > I want to let you guys @xtracycle know I'll continue spreading the word of how happy I am with my life since I installed my FR and how satisfied I am.
        > One final note: I just hope the baseframe gets to me safe and sound in Brazil since the mail service down is not always easy and effective...
        > I'll let you know how it goes in the (hopefully near) future.
        > Fred

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2010
          Thanks for doing your part to ride more and drive less, Fred and others.

          "The bicycle is a curious vehicle.  Its passenger is its engine."  – John Howard
          Fone   |    888.537.1401 x 85