Re: foot pegs?

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
      I thought I remembered from years ago that motorcycle clamp-on folding footpegs used to be common. A Google search turned up some from JC Whitney. They are also known as "Highway Pegs".

      http://www.jcwhitney.com/clamp-on-folding-motorcycle-foot-pegs/p2002581.jcwx

      Here is another source with quite a variety of styles at reasonable prices, at least compared to the "custom" machined stuff.

      http://crescentmooncycles.com/html/highway_foot_pegs.html

      I am confident that a trip to a Harley or other motorcycle shop dealing with V twin cruiser type motorcycles would turn up others.

      Rich Wood

      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "evanfhlewis" <evanlewis1@...> wrote:

      > Hey,
      >
      > I have a Kona Ute as well and while I haven't put foot pegs on that bike yet, I just put "foot pegs" on my Big Dummy for my daughter to use when we go to school.
      >
      > I used Specialized bull horn bar ends and sawed the last turn off them (you don't have to do this). They were the perfect diameter for the vertical P-rack bars of my Big Dummy and so far, are working perfectly. I think they cost $15.00, took 5 minutes to saw off the ends, and 5 minutes to install. I'll post a picture of the rig that includes modification of the rear deck.
      >
      > BTW, while it's my daughter using the pegs, I can't think of any reason they wouldn't work for an adult.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Evan
      >
      > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Brealey" <thelawnet@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have a Kona Ute and I really need some foot pegs for it. Has anyone done
      > > this?

    • Rich
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2010
        I would add that you want to be careful clamping to V rack or H rack tubing as that is thin wall aluminmum I believe. Motorcycle round frame and "safety bars" tubes are normally a lot thicker wall than bicycle stuff.

        Rich Wood