Re: [rootsradicals] Ugliest Cargo Bike?

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
      All those baskets give the bike a wide profile. I can see it taking up
      as much width as the x takes up length.

      CL
      who thinks all work bikes need fenders.

      Sam Knight wrote:
      > One thing this bike does have is a wheelbase closer to that of a regular
      > bike. An impediment for a lot of folks I talk to about my FreeRad
      > converted bike is simply lack of space to store it.
      >
      > Needs fenders.
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
        I emailed the designer and in his reply he indicated the pictured bike is a prototype. He is looking for a manufacturer for it. I hope that he does not run into the NIH (Not invented here) syndrome but suspect that he may.

        BTW CL I agree with you but would extend the fenders bit to all bikes except racing ones. I would also like to see requirements for stock lighting to be included with all except competition bicycles. After all it is in Germany and in the USA all other vehicles that are used on public roads in accordance with traffic laws are required to have lights. Why not bicycles? It might reduce the number of bike ninjas ;-)

        Rich Wood

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman <shokulan@...> wrote:

        > All those baskets give the bike a wide profile. I can see it taking up
        > as much width as the x takes up length.
        >
        > CL
        > who thinks all work bikes need fenders.
        >
        > Sam Knight wrote:
        > > One thing this bike does have is a wheelbase closer to that of a regular
        > > bike. An impediment for a lot of folks I talk to about my FreeRad
        > > converted bike is simply lack of space to store it.
        > >
        > > Needs fenders.

      • Cara Lin Bridgman
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
          Rich,

          I was going to say all bikes, but then started thinking of too many
          exceptions to make the remark pithy. Yeah, they all need lighting, too.

          CL
          who sees a lot of CD reflectors here in Taiwan.

          Rich wrote:
          > I emailed the designer and in his reply he indicated the pictured bike is a prototype. He is looking for a manufacturer for it. I hope that he does not run into the NIH (Not invented here) syndrome but suspect that he may.
          >
          > BTW CL I agree with you but would extend the fenders bit to all bikes except racing ones. I would also like to see requirements for stock lighting to be included with all except competition bicycles. After all it is in Germany and in the USA all other vehicles that are used on public roads in accordance with traffic laws are required to have lights. Why not bicycles? It might reduce the number of bike ninjas ;-)
          >
          > Rich Wood
          >
          > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Cara Lin Bridgman <shokulan@...> wrote:
          >> All those baskets give the bike a wide profile. I can see it taking up
          >> as much width as the x takes up length.
          >>
          >> CL
          >> who thinks all work bikes need fenders.
          >>
          >> Sam Knight wrote:
          >>> One thing this bike does have is a wheelbase closer to that of a regular
          >>> bike. An impediment for a lot of folks I talk to about my FreeRad
          >>> converted bike is simply lack of space to store it.
          >>>
          >>> Needs fenders.

          Cara Lin Bridgman cara.lin@...

          Taichung County 43499
          Taiwan Phone: 886-4-2632-5484