Our first CargoBike Picnic is coming...

  • Pete B
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 26, 2010
      Some local bike importers are hosting our first CargoBike Picnic!
      Lots of bakfiets and Christiana bikes will be there but no mention of longbikes even though one (a Yuba Mondo?) is portrayed on the flyer).
      Looks like once again the local Xtracycle/Surly distributor did not bother to get on board!

      Anyway, if you are an Aussie RootsRadical or will be in Melbourne in late Nov. let's organize a longtail ride to the event and make a day of it.

      Pete

      http://www.myzigo.com.au/images/cargobike.jpg
      Join the Cargo Bike community at a fun, free, family picnic.
      Find out how you can reduce your daily carbon footprint and reduce your dependency on your car.
      Meet Melbourne's cargo bike suppliers and owners and test ride some practical bicycles.
      (Please BYO picnic and helmet).

      Where: Garden City Reserve, Tucker Ave, Port Melbourne.
      When Sun Nov 21, 11am-2pm

      Contact Alison | 0409 322975

      Sponsored by:
      Cargocycles - http://www.cargocycles.com.au/
      Dutch Cargo Bike - http://dutchcargobike.com.au/
      Gazelle - http://www.gazellebicycles.com.au/
      psbike.com.au - http://psbikes.com.au/
      Taga - http://www.tagabikes.com/au/
      Winther - http://www.winther-bikes.com/pages/winther-plus.php
      Zigo - http://www.myzigo.com.au/
    • mcmoks
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2010
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, Pete B <nackterman@...> wrote:

        > Some local bike importers are hosting our first CargoBike Picnic!
        > Lots of bakfiets and Christiana bikes will be there but no mention of
        > longbikes even though one (a Yuba Mondo?) is portrayed on the flyer).
        > Looks like once again the local Xtracycle/Surly distributor did not bother
        > to get on board!
        >
        > Anyway, if you are an Aussie RootsRadical or will be in Melbourne in late
        > Nov. let's organize a longtail ride to the event and make a day of it.
        >
        > Pete

        Hi Pete, and any other Melbourne Roots Radicals!

        We'll be coming along (one Radish with a PeaPodLT, one Mummy and two kids), and would love to meet up along the way. Since having a longbike, I've seen precisely zero others (except for at Commuter Cycles and Human Powered Cycles), so it'd be a blast to be in a group of them!

        Looking forward to it. Funny about the distributor here ... they didn't participate in the Ausbike show either last year or this one. Maybe someone needs to give them a hoy?

        And finally, SORRY for all the "our email address has changed" emails - I've edited my address on here, but it seems to be taking some time to take it on board....

        Cath