Re: [rootsradicals] Re: freerad adjustment help

  • henry
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2010
      I don't know if many riders do this, but if you do a lot of heavy loading it would be a wise idea to periodically check the weldments on your freeradical. I run mine during the winter here in Minnesota and try to do a good cleaning so the salts don't reek too much havic. Sometimes it's hard to detect a fracture in the metal when inspecting by sight. Usually most failures are not the welds themselves but the adjacent material. And as it goes it's not what you see, but what you feel. Just a thought and hopefully not the issue you are contending with. Henry.

      On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:24 PM, GeoffA <geoffabbas@...> wrote:

      i am not observing any play, but when i lift the front end and turn the handlebars they do fall off to the left more than the right.

      i'll check this more thoroughly tonight...

      thanks
      GEOFF