Transition Training: Regenerative Leadership for Sustainability

  • Vladislav Davidzon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2010
      Friends,

      We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible, life-
      changing program. With the upcoming course (Oct 25-29th) nearly
      sold out, we're thrilled to announce an additional course on
      January 24-28th -- sign up early and SAVE a LOT with early
      registration!

      This integrative leadership immersion builds upon the
      internationally-recognized Training for Transition, providing a
      grounding in skills needed to mitigate peak oil, climate change
      and the economic crisis with re-localization designed to create
      a beautiful, thriving global community living in connection with
      a healthy planet.

      With the news of peak oil, environmental destruction and economic
      challenges in the air, permaculture offers tremendous solutions
      that are simple to implement through re-localization and looking
      back to how humans have lived sustainably for centuries. This
      course includes the standard Transition Town Training.

      More info:
      http://commoncircle.com/marketer/link.php?M=366966&N=21&L=13&F=T

      This permaculture-focused workshop combines the most cutting-edge
      sustainability and leadership programs into an intensive providing
      the most essential skills needed to lead the change necessary..

      Core Course Components:

      - Introduction to Urban Permaculture Design
      - Creating Resilient Ecological Cities
      - Community Permaculture: Creating Urban Abundance
      - Transition toward Community Resilience
      - Designing a Green Economy
      - Towards the Commons - Nature Connection
      - Ecological Leadership - Eight Shields Mentoring
      - Psychology of Ecological Evolution - Spiral Dynamics Theory

      Course: Regenerative Leadership for Sustainability

      Dates: October 25 - 29th or January 24-28th!

      Location: San Francisco Bay Area - Organic meals & lodging included

      --
      common circle education
      14525 sw millikan way, suite 17760, beaverton, or 97005
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2010
        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Vladislav Davidzon" <newsletter@...> wrote:

        Could someone please explain what this has to do with cargo cycling?

        Is there no listowner or moderator to take care ofthis sort of thing?
      • reikiman
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2010
          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "WV Tenor" <bruce_alan_wilson@...> wrote:

          > Could someone please explain what this has to do with cargo cycling?
          >
          > Is there no listowner or moderator to take care ofthis sort of thing?

          I thought that's a cool looking course. Not being the poster of that note I cannot explain their thinking. As someone who has taken the Transition Training let me attempt an educated guess.

          The Transition Towns initiative points to societal threats like peak oil, climate change, financial collapse; and taken together it indicates high likelihood that our society won't be able to continue in the way we've become accustomed. There's a need to reduce energy consumption.

          A cargo bicycle is a great way to accomplish typical around town trips like grocery shopping - doing so with smaller energy and resource impact. Hence cargo bicycles are a great way to reduce energy and resource consumption, and would fit very well with the Transition model.

          In fact I'm leading a discussion on Friday night with our local Transition Towns chapter on exactly this topic.

          It seems likely to me that the guy who posted that assumes cargo bike owners are likely to be interested in those issues. But, yeah, I agree it's off topic for this group. And obviously not everybody who's a cargo bike owner would agree with the thinking behind the Transition Towns initiative.

          + David Herron
          http://visforvoltage.org
          Transition Silicon Valley
        • Bruce Alan Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
            It is interesting; but if we are allowed to post anything that we think is 'interesting', what is the point of having groups dedicated to particular subjects?  There is a time and a place for everything.

          • Gerry Townsend
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2010
              I agree. You want a group? Yahoo & Google will give you one free. GT

               "When my mortal life determines my spiritual life,
                 I am already dead,
                 when my spiritual life determines my mortal life,
                 I am truly and eternally alive."

              It's not about the war, past, present or future.
              It's about those that serve.