Re: Permaculture Design & Sustainability Course - Work-trade Scholarships

  • kitesfun2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
      Hi Rich
      Well...you're kind of both wrong and right.

      Permaculture was first a design science for more sustainable land-use, but it also grew quickly to include other things on the "permanent-culture" side of it's meaning, such as water harvesting/storage, eco-housing, appropriate technology, alternative power, alternative currency, community structures, and even the now global Transition Town movement.

      Within the appropriate technology module, understanding of Peak Oil and more efficient and effective transport systems are covered, including bicycles, cargo bikes and electric-assist bicycles. I use my Stoked-Xtracyle as a teaching aid when assisting to teach Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) courses here.

      The fact that Vladislav, is a member of our RootsRad community, but only to post notices of PDC courses is not appropriate, and yes, it just becomes another form of commercial spam. That's not on.

      Vladslav, either join the conversation as a RootsRad bicycle user, or find somewhere else to promote your PDC's. I would not promote PDC's I'm assisting to teach here on this group, unless it specifically pertained to conversations we were having, why are you?

      Rich, I hope this doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about Permaculture, that's the last thing I'd want to see, especially here in this group. Permaculture and RootsRad are a great fit, Vladslav don't spoil it!

      Best Regards
      Ted Howard
      Nelson
      New Zealand