Permaculture Design & Sustainability Course - Work-trade Scholarships

  • Vladislav Davidzon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2010
      "The people, instructors, course material: all these things made
      this course a most enjoyable experience for me! I am grateful!"
      -- Amalia, 2009 Permaculture Design Course

      Good morning!

      I am absolutely thrilled to announce the availability of a limited
      number of partial work-trade scholarships for our intensive
      permaculture design course in San Francisco from October 30 -
      November 14th. It's an extraordinary opportunity to study with
      some of the greatest permaculture teachers.

      You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/

      This workshop is an incredible opportunity to experience
      sustainable holistic living, have loads of fun, and learn
      practical skills you can apply in the real world in your own
      home, backyard, and in your community.

      You’ll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
      from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-
      economies and eco-communities, using sustainable design
      principles rooted in nature, that are applicable to every human
      system — from businesses, communities, and cities to personal
      relationships.

      If you've been considering doing the course but
      haven't quite been able to afford the entire price of the course,
      please contact us at info@... for more details about
      the scholarships available. Requests are considered on a rolling
      basis, so do not wait.

      Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
      requirements, you’ll leave with an internationally recognized
      Permaculture Design Certificate as the course will build upon
      the standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum.

      What: Permaculture Design Certificate Course
      When: October 30 - November 14th
      Where: Fort Mason, San Francisco

      You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/

      We hope you will be able to join us for this extraordinary program!

      - Vladislav for Common Circle Education

      ---
      Common Circle Education - commoncircle.com
      14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
        Seeing as how Permaculture is defined as long term sustainable agriculture I really wonder about the relevancy of these permaculture related posts on what is supposed to be a bicycle and accessories support group. I personally find them of no interest and feel that they are commercial solicitations.

        Rich Wood

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Vladislav Davidzon" <newsletter@...> wrote:

        > "The people, instructors, course material: all these things made
        > this course a most enjoyable experience for me! I am grateful!"
        > -- Amalia, 2009 Permaculture Design Course
        >
        > Good morning!
        >
        > I am absolutely thrilled to announce the availability of a limited
        > number of partial work-trade scholarships for our intensive
        > permaculture design course in San Francisco from October 30 -
        > November 14th. It's an extraordinary opportunity to study with
        > some of the greatest permaculture teachers.
        >
        > You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/
        >
        > This workshop is an incredible opportunity to experience
        > sustainable holistic living, have loads of fun, and learn
        > practical skills you can apply in the real world in your own
        > home, backyard, and in your community.
        >
        > You’ll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
        > from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-
        > economies and eco-communities, using sustainable design
        > principles rooted in nature, that are applicable to every human
        > system â€" from businesses, communities, and cities to personal
        > relationships.
        >
        > If you've been considering doing the course but
        > haven't quite been able to afford the entire price of the course,
        > please contact us at info@... for more details about
        > the scholarships available. Requests are considered on a rolling
        > basis, so do not wait.
        >
        > Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
        > requirements, you’ll leave with an internationally recognized
        > Permaculture Design Certificate as the course will build upon
        > the standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum.
        >
        > What: Permaculture Design Certificate Course
        > When: October 30 - November 14th
        > Where: Fort Mason, San Francisco
        >
        > You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/
        >
        > We hope you will be able to join us for this extraordinary program!
        >
        > - Vladislav for Common Circle Education
        >
        > ---
        > Common Circle Education - commoncircle.com
        > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

      • steve_harmon_us
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
          I agree. Messages like these hurt the signal-to-noise ratio of the group, they're advertisements, and the connection to cargo bikes is tertiary, at best.

          --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

          > Seeing as how Permaculture is defined as long term sustainable agriculture I really wonder about the relevancy of these permaculture related posts on what is supposed to be a bicycle and accessories support group. I personally find them of no interest and feel that they are commercial solicitations.
          >
          > Rich Wood
          >

          > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Vladislav Davidzon" <newsletter@> wrote:
          > >
          > > "The people, instructors, course material: all these things made
          > > this course a most enjoyable experience for me! I am grateful!"
          > > -- Amalia, 2009 Permaculture Design Course
          > >
          > > Good morning!
          > >
          > > I am absolutely thrilled to announce the availability of a limited
          > > number of partial work-trade scholarships for our intensive
          > > permaculture design course in San Francisco from October 30 -
          > > November 14th. It's an extraordinary opportunity to study with
          > > some of the greatest permaculture teachers.
          > >
          > > You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/
          > >
          > > This workshop is an incredible opportunity to experience
          > > sustainable holistic living, have loads of fun, and learn
          > > practical skills you can apply in the real world in your own
          > > home, backyard, and in your community.
          > >
          > > You’ll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
          > > from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-
          > > economies and eco-communities, using sustainable design
          > > principles rooted in nature, that are applicable to every human
          > > system â€" from businesses, communities, and cities to personal
          > > relationships.
          > >
          > > If you've been considering doing the course but
          > > haven't quite been able to afford the entire price of the course,
          > > please contact us at info@ for more details about
          > > the scholarships available. Requests are considered on a rolling
          > > basis, so do not wait.
          > >
          > > Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
          > > requirements, you’ll leave with an internationally recognized
          > > Permaculture Design Certificate as the course will build upon
          > > the standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum.
          > >
          > > What: Permaculture Design Certificate Course
          > > When: October 30 - November 14th
          > > Where: Fort Mason, San Francisco
          > >
          > > You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/
          > >
          > > We hope you will be able to join us for this extraordinary program!
          > >
          > > - Vladislav for Common Circle Education
          > >
          > > ---
          > > Common Circle Education - commoncircle.com
          > > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

        • Drew
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
            Agreed, but given the fact that they are rare if you think about it. I would give the sender the chance to explain. Was it an error while sending a business email, or was his account compromised. I've seen both on other lists, but rarely here. I for one will be moving to San Francisco IMMEDIATELY to take advantage of this unique opportunity........right after the shipment of Shamwows arrive and that nice Nigerian man sends me the check he promised.

            I agree. Messages like these hurt the signal-to-noise ratio of the group, they're advertisements, and the connection to cargo bikes is tertiary, at best.

            --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Rich" <astronut1001@...> wrote:

            > Seeing as how Permaculture is defined as long term sustainable agriculture I really wonder about the relevancy of these permaculture related posts on what is supposed to be a bicycle and accessories support group. I personally find them of no interest and feel that they are commercial solicitations.
            >
            > Rich Wood
            >

            > --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Vladislav Davidzon" <newsletter@> wrote:
            > >
            > > "The people, instructors, course material: all these things made
            > > this course a most enjoyable experience for me! I am grateful!"
            > > -- Amalia, 2009 Permaculture Design Course
            > >
            > > Good morning!
            > >
            > > I am absolutely thrilled to announce the availability of a limited
            > > number of partial work-trade scholarships for our intensive
            > > permaculture design course in San Francisco from October 30 -
            > > November 14th. It's an extraordinary opportunity to study with
            > > some of the greatest permaculture teachers.
            > >
            > > You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/
            > >
            > > This workshop is an incredible opportunity to experience
            > > sustainable holistic living, have loads of fun, and learn
            > > practical skills you can apply in the real world in your own
            > > home, backyard, and in your community.
            > >
            > > You’ll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
            > > from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-
            > > economies and eco-communities, using sustainable design
            > > principles rooted in nature, that are applicable to every human
            > > system â€" from businesses, communities, and cities to personal
            > > relationships.
            > >
            > > If you've been considering doing the course but
            > > haven't quite been able to afford the entire price of the course,
            > > please contact us at info@ for more details about
            > > the scholarships available. Requests are considered on a rolling
            > > basis, so do not wait.
            > >
            > > Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
            > > requirements, you’ll leave with an internationally recognized
            > > Permaculture Design Certificate as the course will build upon
            > > the standard 72-hour permaculture curriculum.
            > >
            > > What: Permaculture Design Certificate Course
            > > When: October 30 - November 14th
            > > Where: Fort Mason, San Francisco
            > >
            > > You can find more info @ http://commoncircle.com/
            > >
            > > We hope you will be able to join us for this extraordinary program!
            > >
            > > - Vladislav for Common Circle Education
            > >
            > > ---
            > > Common Circle Education - commoncircle.com
            > > 14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite 17760, Beaverton, OR 97005

          • kitesfun2000
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
              Hi Rich
              Well...you're kind of both wrong and right.

              Permaculture was first a design science for more sustainable land-use, but it also grew quickly to include other things on the "permanent-culture" side of it's meaning, such as water harvesting/storage, eco-housing, appropriate technology, alternative power, alternative currency, community structures, and even the now global Transition Town movement.

              Within the appropriate technology module, understanding of Peak Oil and more efficient and effective transport systems are covered, including bicycles, cargo bikes and electric-assist bicycles. I use my Stoked-Xtracyle as a teaching aid when assisting to teach Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) courses here.

              The fact that Vladislav, is a member of our RootsRad community, but only to post notices of PDC courses is not appropriate, and yes, it just becomes another form of commercial spam. That's not on.

              Vladslav, either join the conversation as a RootsRad bicycle user, or find somewhere else to promote your PDC's. I would not promote PDC's I'm assisting to teach here on this group, unless it specifically pertained to conversations we were having, why are you?

              Rich, I hope this doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth about Permaculture, that's the last thing I'd want to see, especially here in this group. Permaculture and RootsRad are a great fit, Vladslav don't spoil it!

              Best Regards
              Ted Howard
              Nelson
              New Zealand