Urban Permaculture Design Intensive - San Francisco - November

  • Vladislav Davidzon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2010
      Urban Permaculture Design Intensive - San Francisco

      "My experience in the course was invaluable. I find myself with a
      new permaculture lens that I can put on at will, and see the world
      around me in a way that I feel leads to making more conscious
      decisions and living better in harmony with the earth."
      - Deborah F., Permaculture Graduate

      We invite you to take an unforgettable two weeks living in the
      historic Fort Mason near the Golden Gate Bridge and to
      study with some of the most renowned teachers, getting your
      hands dirty at the urban Hayes Valley Farm and other sites in
      San Francisco. Sign up before September 1st and pay just $1400
      when you join with a friend, or $1500 by yourself (save $600!).

      Course: (Urban) Intensive Permaculture Design Certificate Course

      Dates: October 30 - November 14 [sixteen days]

      Location: San Francisco - Organic meals and lodging included!

      Cost: Save up to $500 by signing up before October 1st
      $1500/by yourself or $1400/each with a friend
      Regular rate for this program is $2000/each.

      Instructors:
      - Shaktari Belew (www.thrivability.org)
      - Larry Korn (www.larrykorn.net)
      - Joanna Macy (www.joannamacy.net)
      - and other guests!

      With a keynote day-long lecture with buddhist eco-philosopher
      Dr. Joanna Macy, PhD and other truly amazing instructors, this
      course will be taking place within a national park in San
      Francisco, using the city as our classroom! This course will
      combine critical permaculture skills with leadership, nature
      connection, and most importantly an urban focus. This course
      builds upon the internationally-recognized Permaculture Design
      Certification curriculum.

      You'll learn how to create sustainable, thriving human systems,
      from green houses and organic gardens, to local micro-economies
      and communities, using sustainable design principles that are
      applicable to every human system, from businesses, communities,
      and cities to personal relationships.

      Our courses focus heavily on suburban and urban solutions --
      this is an important distinction from virtually most other
      courses which are largely rural and agricultural-focused.
      With over 50% of the world's population in cities, we must
      meet people where they live with real sustainable solutions.

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Starting by learning the lessons from nature with some of the
      world's most renowned organic farming experts, we will then look
      at how to apply what we learned from the soil and the water to
      building sustainable, lasting institutions.

      During the workshop, we will talk about:

      * Principles of Permaculture and Sustainable Design
      * Smart Design through Careful Site Analysis
      * Recognizing Patterns of Natural and Human Systems
      * Reading the Land & Understanding Natural Cycles
      * Soil regeneration and Land Restoration
      * Food Forests, Trees & Gardening Design
      * Water Harvesting, Conservation, and Grey Water System Design
      * Renewable Energy and Appropriate Technology
      * Natural Building Design
      * Waste Recycling and Treatment
      * Aquaculture and Animals
      * Agroforestry and Forest Gardening
      * Useful Plants and Planting Strategies
      * Patterns of Settlement
      * Cooperative Economics, Money & Financial Systems
      * Designing Sustainable Cities through Sustainable Economies

      Read more information: http://commoncircle.com/permie

      Upon successful completion of this course and meeting the
      requirements, you'll leave with an internationally recognized
      Permaculture Design Certificate.

      Common Circle Education is the leading ecological design and
      sustainable living school with courses in Oregon, Hawaii and
      California; our instructors are some of the most well-known
      leaders in sustainability, organics and permaculture.

      We hope you will be able to join us for this incredible,
      life-changing experiential course!

      Much gratitude,

      Common Circle Education
      commoncircle.com

      --
      common circle education
      14525 sw millikan way, suite 17760, beaverton, or 97005