Re: NuVinci N360 Finally Available

  • anthonyeberger
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2010
      The guys at Schlick Cycles have been trying to get Gates to make a longer bike for their Shark. Thus far no luck and the Shark is much shorter than a BD so even if you could get a BD with a split for the belt, you wouldn't be able to get the right belt size.

      Two belts would be interesting but probably too complex to make it worth while. Not to mention $$$. I just got a belt cog for my 4 speed TREK Soho (prototype) and it was almost $100 with very minimal mark up from my LBS!

      I love my two belt drive IGH's but have to see they require a lot more tinkering and trial and error than any chain I have had....and I'm starting to enjoy tuning gears more which is just scary.

      Tony B.