Re: [rootsradicals] 700cc FreeLoader kit for sale plus question

  • Dallas Wisehaupt
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4, 2010
      David,

      Ah, interesting and good to know. I'm currently running a 700c x 35 marathon plus with the vbrake adapter on a 26" free rad. I had been looking for a new donor bike but a rear wheel and tire sounds like it may be a more economical route.

      For some reason I thought the 700c free rad had a bulb out on the back bar to accommodate the larger tire. Can't think of where I got that idea.

      Dallas

      On Sep 4, 2010, at 2:00 PM, David Chase <dr2chase@...> wrote:

      Dallas -- there's no difference in the rubbing, it is only the location of the V-brake mounts.
      One "solution" to your problem is to go to a rear 26" wheel, disk brakes, with a Big Apple 2.35" tire. It is fractionally smaller than a 700c x 35, but will eat all bumps and potholes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.