Re: Hauling kids' bikes

  • thelawnet
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 2, 2010
      --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "E_E_Thomas" <eli@...> wrote:

      > Nice!
      >
      > Looks like the majority of those just have the front wheel of the towed bike strapped into the freeloaders. Easy enough!
      >
      > Anyone know if the Freeloaders work on the Ute, or if this would work equally well with the more structured Ute pannier?

      apparently they do (now).

      They are a little short however http://everydayadventurers.com/wp-content/uploads/kona-freeloader-2.jpg
    • Dallas Wisehaupt
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 4, 2010
        Sorry for the long delay, just got around to snapping some pics. Here are 2 shots showing the skuut in one side. I guess there is more room in there than I thought with these, but you would still be limited as you get larger wheels.

        image.jpeg

        image.jpeg

        I can do a bike on each side but tend to keep that to a minimum. The handlebars will knock into each other and cause a little racket and some vibration. Nothing horrible, but not really fun.

        Dallas

        On Aug 18, 2010, at 7:56 AM, "E_E_Thomas" <eli@...> wrote:

        Do you have a picture, Dallas? Great to hear that it can work.