Re: New cargo bike by Puma

  • Rich
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2010
      Interesting but at the moment it looks like an artists concept drawing. No views other than a direct side view which does not show any details of the cargo basket setup.

      At least the cargo holding area is between the wheels rather than largely cantilevered behind the rear axle like in the Trek/Fisher cargo bike recently discussed.

      Is this layout any better than the Madsen Bucket bike? The Madsen looks to me like it is a safer arrangement for carrying kids. In fact I am not sure if I would care to even try to do kids on the Puma unless they come up with a decent children's seat.

      No obvious side or center stand either and the basket looks to be a lot less versatile than the Xtracycle with accessories or the Yuba Mundo. An interesting concept but to me it needs work prior to going into production.

      Rich Wood