Removing the Bags/Slings from an Older Free Radical

  • Kurt G
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hi!

      Anyone know how to remove the black bags/sling from an Xtracycle Free Radical? I'm a newbie at this stuff but think actual panniers will serve me better.

      Thanks!

      Kurt
      Omaha, NE
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
        The bags should slide off of the V rack bars once they are detached from the Freeradical. However mounting regular panniers on the V rack bars may be difficult as most panniers I have looked at are designed to mount on 10mm or so diameter tubes as used in most cargo rack top bars. That is why Xtracycle makes their P racks which have smaller diameter bars for pannier mounting below the main tubes.

        Rich Wood

        --- In rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com, "Kurt G" <goetzinger2@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Anyone know how to remove the black bags/sling from an Xtracycle Free Radical? I'm a newbie at this stuff but think actual panniers will serve me better.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Kurt
        > Omaha, NE

      • Rich
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
          To remove the V racks first remove the Snapdeck. Then loosen the tie down straps at the lower front and rear of the slings and unfasten the strap ends that attach to the frame. Then the V racks should lift out of the Freeradical frame spigots unless also held in by Whatchamacollars.

          Rich Wood