Re: [rootsradicals] skorts

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7, 2007
      Hmmmm, Looks like I will have to revert to my ancestry and fine me a skirt.....um....kilt!

      Mark, the wild scott (and oddly enough William Wallace was one of my ....well, not ancestors, but in the family tree!  So I be scots!

      On 7/7/07, Justina Voulgaris <jvoulgaris1@...> wrote:

      Anne, I know lots of people who like skorts (skirts with hidden shorts). Seems like they kind of defeat the purpose of the pleasant freedom of a skirt, but I've actually never tried them.

      Justina

      --
      "Human Misery is caused by human expectations."  Buddha

      Mark  Garvey
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

      Check out the web site at:
      http://www.vine-ave.com

      contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next program!  Details at www.vine-ave.com

      I am a bicycling lifestylist!
    • Anne Littlebird
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2007
        You go Mark! I lived in Scotland for 6 years and I will admit that kilts
        are very nice.

        Anne

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2007
          Justine, I have one - a few more would be fine but I hate spending $50
          which seems to be the going price. Time to haul out the sewing machine
          again. And I need to do that anyway since I have trouble finding things
          to fit.

          Justina Voulgaris wrote:

          > Anne, I know lots of people who like skorts (skirts with hidden
          > shorts). Seems like they kind of defeat the purpose of the pleasant
          > freedom of a skirt, but I've actually never tried them.
          >
          > Justina

        • Bruce Alan Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 8, 2007
            Re: skorts

            And for the gentlemen: http://www.utilikilts.com/

            I'm not quite brave enough to try them, but they do come with an option called a 'modesty snap' that you can use to attach the front hem to the back hem if you are doing something like roofing or tree pruning or (I daresay) cycling.

            Bruce Alan Wilson

          • Susan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 9, 2007
              Skorts are a way to get the comfort of spandex without the "body
              paint" aspect of it. THey're also a way to get your picture in the
              Rockford Register-Star, when they're circly skorts you're wearing with
              the psychedelic rainbow jersey with the pig-snot-adn-ears helmet
              cover. I did wait for a sale and they were still somewhat pricey but
              it was from my LBS that has done all kinds of good stuff for me.