+Re:Fully Sprung Brooks

  • e8kiil902@sneakemail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2010
      I have exactly that saddle (B135) on my bike, a mountain bike with xtracycle kit, and
      electric assist -- and I do like it.

      My observations: The springiness is quite noticeable. Even on my
      bike which also has shock absorbing fork. This is, I admit a bit
      overkill, and I am thinking of replacing the fork with a solid one.
      One benefit of this saddle that might not be obvious is that as you
      peddle it moves slightly to accommodate the changing shape of your
      butt. This is good, once you get used to it, because the seat is wide
      and might otherwise interfere with your downward push. The leather
      does adapt to your shape, but does require some care.

      I have noticed a tendency to "pogo" a bit when peddling hard in the
      seat. This is inefficient, and can be avoided with some practice.

      You should be aware that this seat is quite heavy. You also cannot
      use a modern seat post with it.

      Matt