Re: [rootsradicals] Cost considerations....

  • Mark Garvey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2007
      That is an excellent idea, but In all honesty, I am trying to sell the trike.  I have run into a fairly serious crisis and need some ready cash.

      Know anyone who wants a really nice trike?
      mark

      On 7/6/07, Juergen Weichert <juergen@...> wrote:
      Why not mount the X on your trike?  ;-)

      Juergen

      Mark Garvey wrote:

> [...]
      >     > for $260.  Now I had a problem....What to attach it to.....I had my
      >     > ear to the ground and a friend of mine asked me if I knew of
      >     anybody
      >     > that would be interested in a MTB ($40) their son had taken to
      >     > college and then abandoned it at their house.  It was an aluminum
      >     > frame Mongoose hard tail that was the "one size fits all" kind that
      >     > is sold in tire stores and dept stores.  The frame was nicely welded
      >     > aluminum and looked substantial and had a very low, large profile
      >     > down tube/top tube.  It works well since I can "step" through it
      >     when
      >     > I have stuff piled on the FreeRadical too high to swing a leg over.
      >     >
      >     > I had a pile of old bike parts and a RockShok Jet that I bought for
      >     > $35/shipping on Ebay.  A set of Albatross bars, cheap platform
      >     > pedals, 2 $10 walmart 26X2 slicks and a pair of slimed tubes, junk
      >     > box deraillers and a cheap set of Sram shifters and I was ready to
      >     > start hauling myself and an incredible assortment of things to and
      >     > from work (10 mles).
      >     >
      >     > I have now commuted over 6,000 miles in the last 3+ years.  The
      >     route
      >     > is 2 miles of rough rock road and 8 miles of typical urban heavy
      >     > traffic.
      >     >
      >     > The point to my shaggy dog story is that it can be done
      >     economically.
      >     >
      >     > Jerry Rhodes
      >     >
      >     >
      >     >
      >     >
      >     >
      >     > You're getting this message because you signed up to be an
      >     > Xtracycle roots radical.
      >     >
      >     rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com <mailto:rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com >
      >     >
      >     >
      >     > ride to believe.
      >     > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >     >
      >     >
      >     >
      >

      >     You're getting this message because you signed up to be an
      >     Xtracycle roots radical.

      >     to:          rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com
      >     <mailto: rootsradicals@yahoogroups.com>
      >

      >     ride to believe.
      >     Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >         (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      >         mailto: rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
      >     <mailto:rootsradicals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>
      >

      > --
      > "Human Misery is caused by human expectations."  Buddah
      >
      > Mark  Garvey
      > Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!
      >
      > Check out the web site at:
      > http://www.vine-ave.com <http://www.vine-ave.com>
      >
      > contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next

      ride to believe.
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto: rootsradicals-digest@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      "Human Misery is caused by human expectations."  Buddha